With generous hearts and willing hands, we will actively and enthusiastically raise community awareness and funds to improve the lives of homeless families.
The UMOM Women’s Auxiliary was officially chartered October 2006. Since then, the Auxiliary has provided thousands of hours of volunteer service and raised hundreds of thousands of dollars to enhance the lives of homeless children and families.
Membership is open to all women in the community. Members are encouraged to actively participate and support the programs of the Auxiliary.
- A variety of volunteer opportunities to help those in need in our community
- The opportunity to work with individuals who are dedicated to the service of others in a warm and friendly environment
- Invitations to attend yearly fund-raising events
- A yearly directory which includes membership, history and upcoming events
- Bi-Annual newsletters
Activities and Events:
- Birdsong Luncheon is an annual friend and fund raising activity planned for spring.
- Walk For Homeless Families each fall is a 5k walk to help increase awareness of the plight of homeless families and UMOM
- Gift wrapping during the holidays bringing joy to homeless families at a time when most needed
- Organized purchase, preparation, and serving of evening meals at Watkins Emergency Shelter on a regular basis
The Women’s Auxiliary has more than 60 members.
Lunch meetings are held the second Thursday of each month from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
If you would like to become a member of UMOM’s Women’s Auxiliary, please contact Jessica Palacio at firstname.lastname@example.org or (602) 275-7852.