Arizona Charitable Tax Credit

You can help a homeless family reach their greatest potential and reduce your Arizona taxes!

By giving up to $800 (married couples filing jointly) or $400 (Individuals) by April 15, 2016 to UMOM New Day Center you may be eligible to claim the Arizona Charitable Tax Credit on your 2016 taxes. No itemizing is necessary to take advantage of this tax credit!

This means you can reduce the amount you owe or increase your refund by the amount you give to UMOM now. To give now through our secure donation website click here.

To mail your contribution please mail your check (made payable to UMOM New Day Centers) by April 15, 2016 to:

UMOM New Day Centers
3333 E. Van Buren St.
Phoenix, AZ 85008

Read the Frequently Asked Questions below or call us at 602-275-7852 if you need more information. Thank you for supporting UMOM New Day Centers!

Arizona CharitableTax Credit F.A.Q.:

What is the Charitable Tax Credit?

You may claim a tax credit for voluntary cash contributions you make during any taxable year to a Qualifying Charitable Organization like UMOM.

How do I qualify for Charitable Tax Credits?

UMOM New Day Centers qualifies as a charitable organization. 2014 Arizona State Tax Credit Form and Instructions. The 2015 Form and Instructions will not be available until January 2016. The credit is available only to individuals. You report the name of the Qualifying Charitable Organization you donated to as well as the dollar amount of your donation to the Department of Revenue on Form 321. You may only claim a tax credit for your charitable contribution on your Arizona state return if the organization you donated to is considered a Qualifying Charitable Organization. A complete listing of Qualifying Charitable Organizations is published on the Department of Revenue’s website. Donations made to organizations not listed on the department’s published website are typically allowable as deductions. You cannot claim both a deduction and a credit for the same charitable contribution on your Arizona return.

What is the difference between a tax credit and a tax deduction?

A tax credit is significantly more beneficial than a tax deduction. A tax credit reduces your taxes, dollar-for-dollar. A tax deduction reduces the taxable income upon which your tax liability is calculated.

How do I know UMOM qualifies for the credit under this program?

Qualifying organizations are required to send the Department of Revenue a self-certification letter stating that they meet all qualifying criteria. The Department in turn publishes a list of self-certified organizations. You can request a list from Department of Revenue in Phoenix at 602.255.3381 or by downloading the List of Qualifying Charitable Organizations for 2015.

Can I take the Working Poor Tax Credit if I take the School Tax Credit?

Yes, they are separate credits and you are allowed to take advantage of both.

Does the tax credit also apply to my federal income tax returns?

No. The Charitable Tax Credit applies only on your Arizona State income tax. However, you may be able to claim a federal tax deduction for the amount donated.

Where can I get more information about the tax credit?

You can get more information by visiting the Arizona Department of Revenue website or by calling Taxpayer Assistance at 602.255.3381 or 800.352.4090.

*Please note that UMOM New Day Centers is not a tax advisor. Please contact a qualified tax advisor for advice on your personal tax situation.